- "We weren't doing anything, we were just messing a—"
- ―Barry's last words, spoken to Pamela Voorhees
Bartholomew "Barry" Jackson was a character who first appeared in Friday the 13th. He worked as a camp counselor at Camp Crystal Lake in the summer of 1957. He is notable for being the first victim of Pamela Voorhees. Barry was the boyfriend of a fellow camp counselor named Claudette Hayes.
Barry is a counselor at Camp Crystal Lake alongside his girlfriend Claudette Hayes who were left in charge of young Jason Voorhees in 1957. Pamela Voorhees (the camp's chef), took him to the camp due to her inability to find anyone to look after him while she worked. 
After closing for a short period of time due to Jason's drowning, Camp Crystal Lake reopened and Barry and Claudette were hired as counselors. In 1958, while at a camp sing-a-long with Claudette, Barry convinced his lover to sneak off into the barn to have sex. Going upstairs, Barry and Claudette began to make out and undress. The couple was silently pursued by Pamela Voorhees. Trying to pull up his shorts and explain himself to his fellow employee, Barry was slashed in the stomach with a hunting knife by Pamela and then she slaughtered Claudette by slitting her neck. Pamela was never apprehended for her slaying of the two teenagers and Camp Crystal Lake once again closed down.
- Barry Jackson is Pamela's first victim.
- In the same film, a young woman named Annie Phillips hitches a ride to the newly reopened Camp Crystal Lake. During the ride, Enos briefly mentions the murders of Barry and Claudette Hayes as well as a series of other follies that befell the former owners of the camp in an effort to warn her of the possible dangers ahead.
- In the script, Barry was listed as 'Boy' and Claudette as 'Girl'.
- Barry was the one of the first victims to have been murdered onscreen in the Friday the 13th franchise.
- The second victim to be murdered is Claudette Hayes.
- Willie Adams was one of the crew members for director Sean Cunningham. Due to a death of actors, he was cast as Barry.
- Barry's Camp Crystal Lake shirt, bloodied knife hole and all, would eventually fall into the hands of wealthy Jason Voorhees fanatic Nathanial Morgas, who would place it among the other collectibles in his private museum.<ref name="Carnival">Friday the 13th: Carnival of Maniacs
- The character of Barry was created by director Sean S. Cunningham and screenwriters Victor Miller and Ron Kurz.
- The opening sequence from Friday the 13th featuring the deaths of Barry and Claudette was originally intended to be a longer scene, which involved Pamela Voorhees chasing them around a barn at the camp. Shooting of these scenes was to commence in September of 1979, but due to heavy snowfall, they had to be scaled down. According to special effects artist Tom Savini, these are the only omitted scenes from the final draft of the shooting script.
- Barry was named after cinematographer Barry Abrams.
- Barry was the first murder victim featured in a Friday the 13th film.
- Playing the part of Barry is the only known film role for actor Willie Adams.
- Actor Willie Adams died in an automobile accident in California on May 21st, 1993. He was 38 years old.
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Friday the 13th Special (2005)
- Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale (2007)
- Friday the 13th: How I Spent My Summer Vacation (2007)
- Friday the 13th (1987)
- Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale