Kane Hodder is an American actor, stuntman, and author. He is best known for his portrayal of Jason Voorhees in four films from the Friday the 13th film series (parts VII through X). Kane Hodder is also known for his role as Victor Crowley (as well as his father Thomas) in Hatchet as Victor is inspired by Jason. He also did Leatherface during the stunts in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3.
Kane has played the role of Jason Voorhees in four Friday the 13th films; more than any other actor. He also plays other roles in the films, which can be seen below. Additionally, Kane is the stuntman for Jason in the Friday the 13th video game.
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood as Jason Voorhees
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan as Jason Voorhees
- Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday as Jason Voorhees, second FBI guard, and Freddy Krueger's clawed glove
- Jason X - Jason Voorhees and Über Jason
- Friday the 13th: The Game as Jason Voorhees (Motioncapped Part 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10)
- Kane has the word "Kill!" tattooed to the inside of his bottom lip.
- Kane Hodder has burn scars that cover 50% of his body and since then he has helped raise money for burn victims and he spends time working with children at burn centers.
- Kane is a noted Juggalo, a fan of the group Insane Clown Posse. To reflect this, he has a custom charm of the group's "hatchetman" logo holding a machete instead of a hatchet, a reference to his role as Jason.
- Jason was supposed to kick the main character's dog near the climax of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. Kane refused, saying Jason may kill people but he's not bad enough to kick a dog.
- During his recurring roles as Jason Voorhees, he has often disagreed with directors over things the script originally called for him to do. He's been known to look at the director and say, from behind the mask, "Jason wouldn't do that."
- An Indie band named themselves after Kane Hodder which they did ask permission to use his name and he was happy to approve.