Mark Jarvis was a character in the film Friday the 13th Part 2 in which he is portrayed by Tom McBride. A young man bound to a wheelchair, Mark volunteers along with several others to attend Paul Holt’s counselor training center at Packanack Lodge near Crystal Lake. He is the 6th victim of Jason Voorhees.
In his early life, Mark had been an athlete. However, a motorcycle accident had caused bilateral damage to his legs. Doctors said he would need a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Mark remained optimistic and began to work as a counselor at summer camps. Mark also refused to accept that his life had been stripped from him and tried to stay in the best shape as he could in the hopes he could walk again. He had also built a work history with Paul Holt, having worked with Holt in at least two summer camps prior to Holt proposing his camp counselor school.
In 1984, when Paul Holt opens a counselor training center in Packanack Lodge near Crystal Lake, Mark joins several others in attending his friend's training center. While working at the counselor training center, Mark becomes the object of affection of fellow in-training counselor Vickie Perry. Due to Mark's paraplegia, his relationship with Vickie is a platonic one. Later at night, he decides to stay at the lodge, and then arm wrestles Jeff Dunsberry and spends some time with Vickie. After Vickie left, he went outside thinking it was her, but it was actually Jason Voorhees who kills Mark with a machete to the face, which then causes his wheelchair to move backwards and fall down a flight of stairs. His corpse, along with the corpses of Crazy Ralph, Scott Cheney, Jeff, Vickie, and Sandra Dier, were found and taken away to a morgue by police and paramedics while Terry McCarthy's and Winslow's corpses weren't because they were in a shack with Pamela Voorhees' severed head and Alice Hardy's corpse and none of them found it.
- Mark Jarvis is Jason Voorhees' 5th victim.
- His death is ranked #2 in WatchMojo.com's Top 10 Brutal Jason Voorhees Kills.
- He is the second victim Jason killed with his signature machete.
- His death won the Golden Chainsaw Award in Dead Meat's "Friday the 13th Part 2" kill count.
- Despite his surname, he has no relation to Tommy Jarvis and his family.
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) (archival footage)
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) (archival footage)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1988)
- Friday the 13th Part 2