Melissa Ashley Emerson Paur is the secondary antagonist played by Susan Jennifer Sullivan in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Melissa was a spoiled rich girl. Melissa is crude, shallow, manipulative, and vindictive to anyone she sees as a threat. It's obvious in the beginning that she has her sights set on Nick Rogers, but Nick has no desire to be with Melissa and barely puts up with her terrible behavior.
When he begins to show interest in Tina Shepard, Melissa tries desperately to try anything to pick at her. When she overhears that Tina was in a mental asylum (due to the trauma of her father's death), she coaxes their friend Eddie McCarlo to dress up like a mental patient. This rude insulting behavior momentarily angered Tina and caused her to lash out at her using her barely controlled telekinetic powers, destroying Melissa's pearl necklace. Her efforts only backfire as Nick was disgusted by her behavior to Tina.
She seduced Eddie in an attempt to make Nick jealous. When nothing happens, she kicks him out of the room not knowing their friends were being killed one by one by Jason Voorhees. At some point, she leaves the cabin and ventures off to Tina's to find Nick, but eventually returns to the cabin. Nick and Tina then arrive. While Nick is trying to comfort Tina, Melissa decides she's had enough and wants to leave. Nick tries to convince Melissa to stay with him and Tina, but fails.
Melissa was killed almost immediately by Jason with an axe in the face when she opens the door to leave as he was waiting just outside. She was then thrown behind the TV in front of Tina and Nick, leaving them horrified.
She is Jason Voorhees' 68th victim.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Melissa is one of the triggers of bad girls in horror movies.
- Since the movie was going to be a crossover by Jason vs Carrie, Melissa could be compared to Chris Hargensen from the film by Brian de Palma Carrie (1976)
- Melissa is the favorite character of many fans for her beauty and style, creating an iconic villain behind Jason Voorhees. Random pages and fan bases in 1989 with the arrival of Jason Takes Manhattan tried to recreate it with Tamara, but its duration and performance on the screen was lower.
- Melissa's last name is Paur. She does not mention it but the original script appears even in the comics and books.
- Melissa's father is a former rugby player. Russell tells Eddie when he asks for it. This information is taken from the deleted scenes of the film.
- Susan Jennifer Sullivan did not know that she auditioned for a character in a horror movie.
- Susan Sullivan is remembered as a sweet person with a kind and humble character. The documentary "Crystal Lake Memories" reported in 2012 that the actress Susan Jennifer Sullivan has passed away from cancer in Randolph, Mas. in 2009. They tracked the wrong woman. Susan Jennifer Sullivan still lives in Southern California.
- Melissa was the last victim of Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (excluding the unnamed fisherman in an alternate ending).